James P. Timilty Middle School
Please call or e-mail us with questions about this program.
Keeping the Promise Alive!
- Healthier Fundraisers - We're moving away from the traditional candy sales and bake sales to healthier options like Walk-a-thons, school dances, gift sales, and more!
Here are some of the ways we're working to create a healthier school:
- Healthier school celebrations - We're offering healthier alternatives to the traditional pizza parties and candy prizes, such as outside time for playing basketball and other activities.
- Jump Rope for Heart - A school-wide fundraiser for the American Heart Association. Students learn about the importance of being heart healthy while raising funds for a great cause!
Jump Rope for Heart
We're moving, moving, moving!
Boys & Girls Club
Tigers in Motion
Track & Field
Here are 5 steps you can take right now to live healthier:
- Be physically active for at least 60 minutes each day
- Drink water, 1% or skim milk, and 100% juice (with no added sugars)
- Eat fruits and vegetables with every meal
- Cut back on TV, computer and videogame time (no more than 1-2 hours a day)
- Sleep at least 9 hours every night
* from the Alliance for a Healthier Generation
The Alliance for a Healthier Generation has more information for you and your family! Visit here to find all sorts of great ideas, such as:
- talking with your child about healthy habits
- speaking to your healthcare provider about diet and lifestyle options for your family
- suggestions for healthy eating at home
Supported by a grant from the
Alliance for a Healthier Generation
Here are some additional resources for students and families:
Would you like to learn more about how you can make healthier choices? Click on the plate above to find great info, like:
- how to eat healthy on a budget
- sample menus for you to follow
- ways to be more physically active
- tips for managing your weight
- online tools for counting calories you eat and burn
- Healthier Snacks & Beverages - Our vending machines now offer lower fat, baked snack items and water and juice beverages.
- Electives - This year, we're offering more physically active Electives than ever::
School Nurse: Ms. Claudia DiMuccio
Ms. DiMuccio (School Nurse) is the Timilty's liaison of expectant and parenting students at the Timilty Middle School. The new BPS policy can be found here: